MRP Motorsport Community
MRP Home Birel America Go Rotax KartingBiz Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MRP Motorsport Community > Technical Support Forums & Discussion > Birel & Monza Racing Kart Discussion

Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
doxiedad
Rookie

Default Kart for large adult

Hi,
I've recently become interested in karting after going to an indoor karting facility near Atlanta with a friend of mine.

I have a track about 2 hours from me and I'm really thinking about getting into this to hobby.

My question is in regards to my size. I'm 6'5" tall and about 300 lbs at the moment. Do they make karts for guys my size or should I just forget about karting?

Thanks,
doxiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
snazzy007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiedad View Post
Hi,
I've recently become interested in karting after going to an indoor karting facility near Atlanta with a friend of mine.

I have a track about 2 hours from me and I'm really thinking about getting into this to hobby.

My question is in regards to my size. I'm 6'5" tall and about 300 lbs at the moment. Do they make karts for guys my size or should I just forget about karting?

Thanks,
Hello my name is Jim Im the track manager at Michiana Raceway Park in South Bend In. Im 6'2 and around 275 I have a kart that fits me very well, so the answer to your question is yes there are karts that will fit you. This kart is also for sale it is in perfect condition very little hours. Please feel free to call me. 574-288-4922 I will help you in any way I can
snazzy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Garry Lobaugh
MRP Motorsport - President

WE have several customers near your range. Birel does make an extended porch chassis that will assist your height.
Garry
Garry Lobaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
doxiedad
Rookie

Sounds good. Thanks for the information
doxiedad is offline   Reply With Quote