MRP Motorsport Community
MRP Home Birel America Go Rotax KartingBiz Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MRP Motorsport Community > Technical Support Forums & Discussion > Baseline Set-Ups for Birel & Monza

Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Davidmach5

Default Ar-1

I have purchased a used kart for my son. The model is the AR-1. I'm told it is an older cadet kart. However cadet parts do not fit... such as the body work. i can find no information on how these karts where set up. Any background as far as dimensions and set-up or how to modernize it would be helpful. Thank you
Davidmach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Garry Lobaugh
MRP Motorsport - President

Hi David,
In the early 90's the AR series of karts were developed for the North American market.The AR1 was the narrowest on the front end measurement from king pin to king pin. This was follwed by the AR2 and the AR4. The higher the number the wider the front end and rear tubes of the kart. It was never designed as a cadet kart.
A cadet kart of recent vintage would be a C28Z, C28 J and then prior to that a L-3.

Cadet karts have shorter wheel base as measured from the front spindle to the center of the axle. Your AR 1 should measure 1040 in metric. A cadet will be in the 950 measurement.

In terms of set up: This has to be qualified by driver height, weight and engine category. In addition the tire compound and the track surface affect the information you wish. We need more information to assist.
Garry Lobaugh is offline   Reply With Quote